Treatments using exotic oils and super serums are marriage made in heaven for thinning, heated tresses during the year
What is Hair Spa all about?
If you’re going in for a hair spa at Face and Body the Stylist would first take a look at what kind of hair you have, its quality,strength , texture and quantity. You are then offered suitable remedies and packs. Face and Body also has a protein and a silk treatment for hair. The idea is to rejuvenate and protect the hair. A power serum can be mixed with the conditioner and massaged onto the hair. I recommend using Oliplex three step process. Olaplex includes a patented active ingredient that works on a molecular level to seek out broken bonds in the hair that are caused by chemical, thermal and mechanical damage. We use Oliplex to restore compromised hair or add it to another service to provide the ultimate breaking insurance.
OLIPLEX is very beneficial and can penetrate and mend the hair shaft and restore moisture. Oliplex is applied to the hair and massaged well. After a rinse and a deep relaxing massage you are ready to have your hair blow dried by your stylist so you leave the salon looking and feeling fabulous.
5 Steps to do Hair Spa at Home
The belief in the therapeutic powers of mineral waters dates back to many centuries. The word ‘spa’ has its roots in ancient Roman & Greek civilizations which basically stands for a healing bath in mineral-rich spring water. A hair spa is not just about pampering the hair with a massage. It also provides nutrients to the hair, with a variety of packs. The five essentials are: hair oil, massage, shampoo, conditioner & hair mask.
1. Massage your scalp: This is the first step to start a hair treatment at home. Warm up some coconut oil or olive oil. Massage your head gently. This increases blood circulation and boosts hair growth.
2. Steam the hair: Dip a towel in warm water and squeeze the excess water out. Wrap the towel around the hair. This allows the oil to penetrate deep into the scalp. Do this for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Wash your hair: Now, wash the hair with a mild Joico shampoo. Use only luke warm water as hot water is harmful to the hair roots and irritates the scalp.
4. Apply Joico conditioner. Or try a paste of grated beetroot to which hibiscus powder has been added. The hibiscus flower powder is a great base and is rich in iron and other vitamins. Rinse it off after half an hour with just warm water and no shampoo.
5. Lastly, a hair mask: The last step is crucial as it seals in the nourishment. We recommend a Joico Mask but you may like to try making this mask at home. In a bowl, mix two eggs, honey and some coconut oil. You can add a ripe banana to this – banana is a hair softener. You can also use olive oil instead of coconut oil. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then rinse with your Joico shampoo.
That’s it. You have successfully completed a home hair spa therapy at home in just 5 simple steps.
We recommend repeating this process every two months to ensure healthy, soft & shiny hair.
If you are time poor then pop into Face and Body at 298 Titirangi Road and we will “pamper your Hair” for you whilst you relax.
However you elect to treat you hair – please do it regularly .