Your Crowning Glory
Beautiful, shining hair is a valuable asset. It can also be a versatile fashion accessory, to be coloured, curled, dressed up or smoothed down.
However, too much attention combined with the effects of a poor diet, pollution, air-conditioning, and central heating can mean that your hair becomes the bane of your life rather than your crowning glory.
Some Hair Care Tips:
The following are some basic hair care tips that you can use to improve the health and look of your hair.
- A healthy lifestyle will mean healthier hair for you. Excessive stress, smoking, not exercising and not eating nutritiously are not healthy for your hair.
- Get enough sleep.
- Hot air can be damaging to your hair so when using a hair dryer use the cool setting.
- Don’t leave the blowdryer in one spot for more than a few seconds, keep it moving and at a good distance away from your hair.
- Use a brush whose bristles are made from natural animal hairs, it is softer and more flexible which means less damage will be done to your hair.
- Hair is most fragile when it is wet so avoid brushing or combing when it’s wet, or else it will cause breakage, wait until your hair is almost completely dry before brushing it.
- To keep your brushes and combs clean, wash them weekly using soap or shampoo.
- Begin by combing your hair gently at the ends to get any tangles out and work your way up to the base of your hair.
- Always brush/comb with a downwards stroke.
Shampooing and Conditioning
- Buy shampoos & conditioners that match your hair type. Ask our trained hairdressers what is best for your hair type.
- Shower with warm water, hot water can dry and/or irritate the scalp.
- You should wash your hair as often as you feel necessary to keep it clean, but a general rule is for oily hair you should wash it every day or every other day and for dry hair only wash it 2-3 times a week.
- Try rotating the shampoo and conditioner periodically, your hair responds differently to different products.
- Use a conditioner after shampooing, it’ll moisturize your hair, give it extra protection, add shine, reduce static, and makes it easier to untangle.
- Put the conditioner in at about an inch away from the scalp, the roots of your hair contain the most oils and usually don’t need the extra conditioning.
- Be gentle when shampooing and conditioning, don’t use excessive force rubbing your hair, remember hair is most vulnerable when wet.
Contact Face & Body now to discuss your hair style.
+64 9 817 4807
298 Titirangi Road, Titirangi,
Auckland, NZ Ph:
At Face & Body, we recognise your time is valuable and offer appointments to suit your needs.
We ask please that you give 24 hours notice when cancelling your appointment. No Shows, or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice, will be charged at 50% of their appointment cost to recover the costs in salon.
If you are unwell or cannot utilise your set time you may elect to send a friend, a family member or colleague to utilise your appointment time.
We also require credit card details, your gift voucher details or a deposit made in salon, to secure all appointments 1 hour or longer. We appreciate your support and understanding of this policy.